Now serving dinner...

I have to admit, however lame it might sound, that the inspiration to this new project was in a viewing of Julie and Julia. I am not claiming to be anyone akin to either Julie or Julia, I don't aspire to be one of them, in fact I didn't even like the movie and I hate Meryl Streep (Amy Adams was the only reason I saw the movie). If I have to choose an inspiring enough food themed movie I would probably pick La graine et le mulet or Bella Martha. I have also discovered that I will never make a career in blogging, as is evident from this blog. So, this is not about Julie and Julia or food blogging or any other form of blogging. This project is just to fill time. Time that I suddenly seem to have over the Christmas holidays 2009, doing things that I like - cooking, eating and attempting to write. At the basic idea of the project is to cook up 30 new dishes (drinks, appetizers, main course, anything), things that I have never cooked before, over the holidays, then write about those on this blog. I will try my best and if it does not work out, cool. I fail. In this effort the people I thank and am in awe of are my mom and sisters who have the best recipes, some great food bloggers and some great TV shows (read Bizarre Foods and No Reservations). Bon Appetit.

0 comments: